Assoc. prof. Pavel Baroch, Ph.D.
Pavel Baroch is Associate Professor of Applied Physics at the Department of Physics, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen (Czech Republic) since 2012. He received PhD in Plasma Physics and Physics of Thin Films in 2004 and master degree in Applied Physics and Physical Engineering in 2000. In 2002 he spent one-month at Sungkyunkwan University in Suwon, South Korea, and in between 2004–2006 accomplished post-doctoral study stay at the EcoTopia Science Institute, Nagoya University, Japan.
His main research activities are focused on the research of materials for antibacterial surfaces and research of new plasma sources for thin film deposition and on the study and use of plasma discharges generated in liquids for decomposition of organic impurities and synthesis of new materials.
He is an author or co-author of three chapters in books published abroad, two international patents and 22 scientific articles published in foreign journals. By the end of 2019, these works had been cited in more than 600 publications by other authors. He is involved in or participated in research projects SMV 529005, GACR P108-12-0393, ME 673, G5RD-CT-2002-00861, NMP2-LA-2008-214134, OC10045.
- J. Rezek, J. Houška, M. Procházka, S. Haviar, T. Kozák, P. Baroch: In-Ga-Zn-O thin films with tunable optical and electrical properties prepared by high-power impulse magnetron sputtering, Thin Solid Films 658 (2018) 27–32.
- J. Musil, P. Zeman, P. Baroch: Hard Nanocomposite Coatings (book chapter) in Comprehensive Materials Processing, Volume 4 (2014) 325–353.
- J. Musil, P. Baroch: High-rate pulsed reactive magnetron sputtering of oxide nanocomposite coatings, Vacuum 87 (2013) 96–102.
- N. Andreeva, T. Ishizaki, P. Baroch, N. Saito: High sensitive detection of volatile organic compounds using superhydrophobic quartz crystal microbalance, Sensors and Actuators, B: Chemical 164 (2012) 15–21.
- M. Meissner, T. Tolg, P. Baroch, J. Musil: Elimination of arcing in reactive sputtering of Al2O3 thin films prepared by DC pulse single magnetron, Plasma Proc. Polym. 8 (6) 2011, 500–504.
- P. Baroch, S. Potocky, N. Saito: Generation of plasmas in water: utilization of high frequency, low voltage bipolar pulse power supply with impedance control, Plasma Sources Sci. Technol. 20 (2011) 034017.
- J. Musil, V. Satava, P. Baroch: High-rate reactive deposition of transparent SiO2 films containing low amount of Zr from molten magnetron target, Thin Solid Films 519 (2010) 775–777.
- P. Baroch, J. Musil: Plasma Drift in Dual Magnetron Discharge - IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science 36 (2008) 1412–1413.
- P. Baroch, N. Saito, O. Takai: Special type of plasma dielectric barrier discharge reactor for direct ozonization of water and degradation of organic pollution, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 41 (2008) 085207.
- P. Baroch, V. Anita, N. Saito, O. Takai: Bipolar pulsed electrical discharge for decomposition of organic compounds in water, Journal of Electrostatics 66 (2008) 294–299.
- P. Baroch, J. Musil, J. Vlcek, K.H. Nam, J.G. Han: Reactive magnetron sputtering of TiOxfilms, Surface and Coatings Technology 193 (2005) 107–111.